Home to India’s only active volcano, summits of underwater mountains, Andaman and Nicobar Islands have nourished in them the jewels found nowhere else.
Let’s together know about 9 of these iconic attractions!
- North Sentinel Island
- Welcome to the land of first Homosapien descendants of World! But you are really not welcome here.
- Location- 50 km West of Port Blair
- Havelock Islands
- Luxurious resorts, coconuts all around, and world-class scuba. Hey, Havelock! Wanderlusters wants to know your location!
- Location- 73 km North-East of Port Blair
- Cellular Jail
- A.K.A Kala Pani (meaning, Black Water)– This concentration camp was made for Indian patriot prisoners, and has a history, as dark as its name.
- Location- Atlanta Point, Port Blair, Andaman
- Katchal Island
- Distanced from the world, become the first one of the millennial to Soak Vitamin-D on earth, stepping inside this island.
- Location- 412 km South of Port Blair
- Chidiya Tapu Biological Park
- Don’t! Just don’t be forgetful with your camera because nature doesn’t repeat it’s wondering twice.
- Location- Chidiya Tapu, 28 km South of Port Blair
- Chatham Sawmill
- The bomb pits of the bloodiest war in history signify its age, size, and importance in those times quite well.
- Location- Haddo, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park
- Site for natural wonders like coral reefs and nesting beaches of largest turtles, this Marine Park is indeed just like the person it is called upon; peaceful.
- Location- Wandoor, Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Ross and Smith Island
- The sandbar here is the Atlantis of the modern world. Walk on when the tide is low, and don’t, when it’s high.
- Location: 306 km north of Port Blair
- Limestone Caves
- A million-years-old natural wonder, these caves have more calcium deposits than all human beings on earth combined!
- Location: Baratang Island, 101km north of Port Blair
This small part of secluded land has so much embedded into it that my curiosity to explore has risen! Are you willing to join along?