Yes, you read it right angelfishes are angry and not so friendly with other fishes. But why? Let’s check out here to find out…
1. Angelfish mainly show tantrums and traits of aggression amongst other fish. They usually exhibit an aggressive and territorial nature because of being active and feisty species and fish.
2. Because angelfish are a freshwater species of fish from the Cichlid family, and they came from freshwater the Amazon River in South America also a reason for their aggressive nature.
3. Also, as carnivorous fish that enjoy live foods, pellet foods, flakes, and some bit of plants, they display aggressive eating habits that make them a threat to other fishes, particularly small ones.
4. But they are that hard to handle and fussy, and just require minimal attention for themselves.
5. Another reason angelfish might display excessive aggression is if there is another equally aggressive type of fish competing with them in your aquarium. “Of Course jawab dena toh bnta hai yrr, lol”.
6. An insufficient diet is also a big reason for the aggressive nature of angelfishes.
7. Furthermore, angelfish aggression might be more pronounced during their breeding period. Thus if you notice an increase in aggression from what is usually, it may be a sign that your angelfish is ready to lay eggs.
However, angelfishes are not an angel nature thing for your aquarium, I think they may be that small kid in your house who always needs more attention or pampering from everyone.
What's Your Reaction?
Pranjal is highly jovial by heart, full of bright ideas and leading a colorful life person. She is currently pursuing her graduation from lakshmibai college, University of Delhi and a keen learner who have a constant desire to learn more and more.