In this blog, find the story and struggle of Anu Aggarwal in Indian Cinema, from being an overnight star to falling in love with Spiritual Yoga. Today, we are gonna talk about Aashiqui fame, Anu Aggarwal.
1. Born on January 11th, 1969, in Delhi and brought up in Chennai, Anu Aggarwal is famous for being an overnight star of Aashiqui (1990).
Anu graduated from Delhi University, holds a Gold Medal in Sociology.
2. Anu was initially interested in Modelling, Vjing, and Social working before Mahesh Bhatt spotted her and labelled her star at very first sight.
Anu even travelled to Paris and New York for Modeling gigs.
3. Mahesh Bhatt spent a year writing Aashiqui keeping only Anu in mind and titled her as One Take Actress after filming.
4. Before doing her Bollywood debut, Anu previously was seen in Isi Bahane (1988), aired on Doordarshan.
5. Anu, later on, shot nude for Mani Kaul’s erotic short film, The Door Cloud and also appeared in various films such as Ghazab Tamasha, Thiruda Thiruda, King Uncle and Return of Jewel Thief
6. Anu, after performing in just 8-films left Cinema for traveling, Yoga and the craving to discover herself.
7. Traveling around the world for two years, Anu, in 1997, enrolled in International Yoga University in Uttarakhand and stayed there for two years.
8. In 1999, the actress had a fatal accident that resulted in dozens of severe injuries. Anu Aggarwal remained in a coma for 29 days and woke up half-paralyzed with no memory of her early life.
9. Anu forgot everything and struggled for the whole three years to recover, and she finally started to live again. Anu credits her yoga practice for the recovery.
“When I was at the peak of my career when I was materially richest, that was the poorest time in my life.”
10. Anu also confessed that Yoga and Tantrik sex has a big hand in her life’s betterment.
Anu Aggarwal revealed in an interview that, Tantric Sex helped her to indulge sexually the most spiritual manner.
11. Anu was also an amateur power-lifter and has participated in numerous power-lifting competitions.
12. All her life’s incidents, happiness, sorrows, fame and Nirvana are presented in her autobiography, Anusual: Memoir of a Girl Who Came Back From the Dead.
Anu vanished before she could fade away, and even after all these years, Anu still stands out in the world through her will her self-love.
What's Your Reaction?
Love to watch films, love to write about films and most importantly love to think about films. A cinephile chatterbox with a Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication.