You must have heard of Ashwatthama’s reference in Sacred Games but why Him Here’s the story of real Ashwatthama, the fifth avatar of Lord Shiva.
1. During the Samundra Manthan, the harmful poison, Halahal appeared in the universe.
2. All the Devas, Danavs, Yakshas and Gandharvas ran to Lord Shiva for help along with Brahma and Vishnu.
3. As requested, the kind Shiva, understanding the condition of each one, consumed Halahal Vish and held it in his throat.
4. But the hotness of the Halahal Vish burned His throat.
5. The Vish Purush sprung out of him, folding his palms.
6. Shiva said to him that although Lord Vishnu and He were not letting him kill the people as of now, in Dwapara Yuga, he will be able to do so.
8. Lord tells further, that Vish Purush will be born as Bharadwaj’s grandson, will be raised as Brahman, but would get attracted from Kshatriya-hood.
9. As said by Shiva, Vish Purush came to Earth as Ashwatthama to Drona and Kirpi.
Were you aware of this story of Ashwatthama before?