Remember that child actress in Black? Yes, we are talking about Ayesha Kapur. Do you know what is she up to now? Find here.
1. Born on September 13th, 1994, in Germany to a German mother, Jacqueline, and a Punjabi father, Dilip Kapur, Owner of the Hidesign chain of leather goods stores.
2. Ayesha Kapoor made her Bollywood debut at just 11 years of age in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Black (2005).
Ayesha portrayed the role of young Michelle McNally.
3. She is the youngest actor to win the Zee Cine Award and IIFA Award and second youngest to win the Filmfare Award.
4. Big B once told in an interview that, for Black, Ayesha was Trained by Ranbir Kapoor.
“I have worked with him when he was an Assistant Director on Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Black. He was the one who trained the little girl Ayesha Kapur, who played a differently-abled child. In between shots, I would see him train her, it was impressive.”
Ever thought how a girl in Germany bagged the role in an Indian Film?
5. Ayesha’s mother had given some of her pictures to a Hidesign store manager. The next thing was that they got a call from Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s office.
6. In 2009, she came back with another Bollywood flick, Sikandar (2009), directed by Piyush Jha.
7. Apart from Cinema, Ayesha is also passionate about accessories and Horses. She also owns a Fashion Label, Aisha Accessories, launched in 2010.
8. Ayesha Kapur also holds a lifestyle blog to share her voice and creativity about fashion & lifestyle.
“The general concept of the blog is to encourage self-empowerment through the lens of these various categories,” Ayesha reveals.
9. Ayesha has a brother Milan, and two half-brothers, Akash, and Vikas from her father’s first marriage.
Ayesha Kapur has been an Actress, a Blogger and an Entrepreneur at the age of just 24. She was supposed to be seen alongside Sushant Singh Rajput in Shekhar Kapur’s Paani (2020).
What's Your Reaction?
Love to watch films, love to write about films and most importantly love to think about films. A cinephile chatterbox with a Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication.