Dear mommy, before you bathe a newborn baby, humming, “rub-rub in dub-dub, little gal in the tab-tab,” remember these few things:
1. HOW To Bathe A Newborn Baby?
- Bathing a baby 2-3 times a week is sufficient to keep your newborn clean and safe from germs.
- Bathing more than 2-3 times a week can dry the skin.
- Approximately 5-10 minutes is sufficient to bathe a newborn baby.
2. WHEN To Bathe A Newborn Baby?
- You can give a bath to your baby at any time of the day.
- If bathing relaxes your baby, you can apply it as a way to improve your baby’s sleep in the evening.
3. WHERE To Bathe A Newborn Baby?
- You can bathe your baby in a little plastic tub or even in the kitchen tub.
- Put the bathtub somewhere in a stable position so that you can comfortably hold your baby.
- It is okay to take a shower along with your baby. Remember to check the temperature and set it according to the newborn.
- It is crucial to keep all the bathing baby products at a hand’s distance, as you might not even blink an eye when bathing your newborn (they are so tender).
- Avoid using too much soap as it can dry the skin of your baby.
- Also, do not add extra water or keep your baby in the water for long hours.
Now, you are all ready to sing, “Splish-splish, splash-splash, let me take the newbie to bath!!”
All babies are different. It is necessary and always advisable to consult a professional and trusted doctor. This is especially in case you have questions or doubts. (or any other concerns like, say, a sudden change in your baby’s appearance or behaviour).
What's Your Reaction?
I believe in hard work and have excellent analytical skills and love to explore and learn new things which is essential for the development of the organisation and myself as an individual and the society at large.