Mummy ko bologe bay leaf toh voh bolengi angres ki aulaad Tej Patta hota h! Oh yes! Today we are going to talk about the spice that provides voh biryani ki khushboo!
1) Bay leaf or the Laurel leaf is from the sweet bay tree.
2) These leaves were present in the wreath of laurels that crowned victorious athletes in ancient Greece.
3) They have a floral and herbal scent and are used medically.
4) Three popular types are:
- Turkish Bay Leaf
- California Bay Leaf
- West Indian Bay Leaf
5) Turkish Leaf
- These leaves have a subtle flavour in comparison to other types.
- The leaves are short and fat.
7) West Indian Bay Leaf
well, what can we say ‘desi’ girl ho ya spice it’s the best!
- Their flavour is intense, highly spiced. Flavours have complex notes of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg, along with vanilla and cardamom.
- The scent of leaves will remain on your fingers for hours!
- Leaves range in height from two to five inches and can be as wide as two and a half inches.
- The leaves have bright green to bottle green colour. Remember! Darker the leaves the, mature and robust the flavour!
- These leaves are used as Air fresheners and insect repellants!
- Yeh spice aapki chai se lekr Biryani, Pyaaz ki Kachori, Paneer Butter Masala aur chicken korma me bhi jaata h!
- Fun Fact! Though the leaves are extensively used in cooking, the flowers of the same plant are highly poisonous!
Warning Yeh saara gyaan mummy k aage mat jhadna khana ni milega! Though article padhaa sakte ho. (self-promotion!) Here we are telling you how great Tejasvi Tej Patta is! Ab koi aur sawaal ho toh comment down below!!