In this blog, you’ll get to know all about the Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga.
1. Located in Sahyadri region of Pune, Maharashtra is the Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga Temple.
2. Relating to the mythic beliefs based on the Indian Hindu Purana, the Jyotirlinga is associated with Kumbhakarna’s son, Bhima.
3. The story goes: Bhima hears from his mother, Karkati, the unpleasant demise from the hands of Lord Rama of his father, Kumbharkarna.
4. Enraged, Bhima decides to take revenge from Lord Vishnu (incarnation of Rama).
5. Following his mother’s advice, Bhima worshipped Lord Brahma and was granted immense power.
6. Misusing his rewards, Bhima defeated Lord-Shiva’s biggest devotee-King Kamrupeshwar and captured him inside a cave.
8. But before he could do any more harm, Lord Shiva appeared before him, saving the King, turning Bhima to ashes.
9. The King, overwhelmed in front of his Shiva, requested the Lord to establish the Linga he was praying as a symbol of saving Dharma. Agreeing, Shiva placed the Linga in the form of Jyotirlinga.
Thus, this was the story and significance of Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga. When are you planning to pay a visit to this symbol of Dharma?