Shiva took Brahmachari Avatar once to test the Parvati’s reverence after Sati’s sacrifice. Here’s the complete story behind the incarnation of Shiva as Brahmachari:
1. Sati sacrificed her life in the fire in the Daksh Prajapati Yagya.
2. After some time she was born again as a daughter in the house of Himalaya.
3. She lived inside the forest for many years while practising the biggest penance to please Lord Shiva.
4. After seeing her devotion, Lord Shiva was happy and desired to test the reverence of Parvati.
5. He appeared before Parvati in the form of Brahmachari for taking the test.
6. Shiva in the Brahmachari Avatar asked Parvati why she was doing this penance to which she replied that she wanted to marry Lord Shiva.
8. Parvati got angry to hear such words about Shiva and started to scold him.
9. Seeing her devotion and dedication, Shiva revealed his identity to her.
Have you ever been told about the Brahmachari Avatar of Shiva and the story behind it?