Citrus Fruits are sour, colourful, tangy, bitter, hard yet a spongy fruit. There may be ample of adjectives to define this delicious fruit. Here are all the benefits of citrus fruits that will convince you to try it at least once!
1. These include lemons/lime, blood orange, ugli fruit, pomelo, minneola, mandarins, and many more.
2. It would not be wrong to quote that “A citrus fruit a day keeps the doctor away”. Citrus Fruits are full of vitamin C (ascorbic acid). It boosts our immunity. Thus helping in the repair of body tissues.
3. Lemon and warm water in the morning boosts your immunity. It also has many inflammatory and antioxidant effects but also makes your skin smooth and elastic.
4. These fruits being less in calories and full of fibre, can act as your anytime munchies.
5. The oranges have that kind of fibres that lower the blood cholesterol level and instantly refresh your body.
6. Citrus fruits decrease the chances of kidney stones. It is mostly observed in people with less concentration of citrate in the urine.
8. The flavonoids present in them improve the blood flow. It happens through arteries neutralizing the free radicals, thus reducing the risk of a heart attack.
9. These fruits are useful for the skin and hair too, for example, lemon rubbed gently on the skin. Scalp removes excess tan, makes the skin smooth and controls dandruff.
Citrus Fruits are native to the Southern Nations, Melanesia and Australia. They have been cultivated since ancient times.
What's Your Reaction?
A creative soul with a zeal to know the why & how behind everything and anything, I am Bhavyaa Aggarwal a foodie by heart & an optimistic by will.