Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel (Coco Chanel) was born on 19 August 1883 in Saumur, France. Explore more about Chanel in the following blog
1. At age 12, after her mother’s death, Coco Chanel was put in an orphanage by her father and worked as a peddler.
2. Coco was raised by the nuns. Nuns taught her how to sew. This skill was the beginning of her life’s work.
3. When she was 20, Coco partnered with Etienne Balsan. He tried to help her start a millinery business in Paris.
4. She opened her first shop, selling hats in 1910 on Paris’s Rue Cambon.
5. During the 1920s, Coco Chanel took her already flourishing business to new heights, launching her first perfume, Chanel No 5.
7. The company of Coco was massively impacted by the economic depression of the 1930s.
In the early 1950s, Coco Chanel made a triumphant return to the fashion world at the age of 70. Her refined and easy-fitting designs soon won over shoppers around the world.
What's Your Reaction?
Myself Rohan Sharma. I love being creative and experiencing new opportunities. I enjoy every opportunity i get and i rather look forward to working smarter than working harder. Moreover , thats how i enjoy my work.