From Prem rescuing Suman in Maine Pyar Kiya to Sanjay seizing the competition in Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Cycling has made it all happen.
Physical activity, which has also been moulded into various sports, has numerous benefits apart from being a mode of transport.
Get to know more about those benefits and a few other things which have Cycling at its core:
1. Cycling is a very general term, meaning using a bicycle for transport, sports, or exercise. Just paddling that bicycle for a few days will honour you with the title of- cyclist/bicyclist’.
2. Karl Von Drais, a baron from Germany (commonly known as the father of the bicycle), was the first person who created a two-wheeled steerable vehicle in 1817. But several different inventors worked on this invention in the 19th century to modify it to the modern-day bicycle.
3. Cycling is nothing short of a boon when it comes to health. Merely 2 to 4 hours of Cycling per week is proven to improve your health in general. Moreover, Cycling is easy, improves strength, and trains all the major muscles of the body.
4. Cycling is an aerobic activity. Simply put, you can choose it if you want a simultaneous workout for your heart, blood vessels, and lungs. Deep breathing, perspiration, and an increase in body temperature caused due to Cycling increase the overall fitness.
5. Like any other sport, the health benefits of Cycling are physical as well as mental. Regular Cycling leads to increased cardiovascular fitness and muscle strength, decreased stress/anxiety/depression, and body fat levels are among numerous benefits.
6. Not only does Cycling benefit our health, but it is also very eco-friendly. It causes zero congestion and pollution (air and noise). Also, it doesn’t require too much parking space.
7. It was only a matter of time before Cycling transformed into a competitive sport as well. Mainly concerned with cycle races, as a sport, Cycling also includes non-racing contests like freestyle BMX, artistic Cycling, and mountain bike trials.
8. The first bicycle race was organized on 31 May 1868 at the Parc de Saint-Cloud in Paris. James Moore, an Englishman, was the winner of the 1200 meter long race. He rode a wooden bicycle that had solid rubber tires.
9. Cycling has been a part of the Olympics since the first modern Olympics in 1896. Interestingly enough, the sport is one of the only five sports featured in every Olympic Game!
10. There are 4 different disciplines for Cycling Sport in the Olympics (as of now): Track Cycling, Mountain Bike, Road Cycling and BMX.
11. Apart from all these benefits, Cycling is why more than 238 million gallons of fuel gets saved every year!
So now we know why the Devil Salman Khan risked his life to save the Cycle from an approaching train! A life and environment saviour needs equally heroic protection and appreciation, seriously.
What's Your Reaction?
Every coin has two sides, and I am interested in both when it comes to cinema. Having a constant affair with memes and curious about a lot of things ranging from the age-old folk tales to the browsing history of the class toppers. If Tsundoku is an art, I am one of the artists.