Entrepreneurship in the 21st Century is all about creating profitable businesses. Today’s entrepreneurs are building social enterprises that add value beyond a conventional “bottom line”. Do you wish to know more about what today’s entrepreneurs are doing? Read on to find more below.
1. With the solid integration of the internet in our lives, entrepreneurs have realized the importance of a high-speed internet connection. Many businesses have started using cloud-based technologies to boost their productivity.
2. Cloud-based technologies are popular among entrepreneurs in the creative or service industries. These technologies add value to the client service and extend the entrepreneur’s reach in their client base.
3. End of the 20th Century has also spelt the end of the dog-eat-dog mentality. Entrepreneurs now know that collaboration is more likely to lead to success.
4. In the past, people usually spent their entire lives in the same company. However, today, that is not the case. No one works for the same organization their entire career. The business world as a whole has changed.
5. Another thing that has changed is that traditional employment has become rarer and rarer. Companies now prefer project-based work. This is how the entertainment industry has functioned for decades.
6. People working inside a company now need to act like entrepreneurs. This has the potential to unlock new gateways for them to advance their career.
7. What’s more, the business world has now become more transparent. Non-business people can now easily understand how the business world operates
9. Businesses have now become family-friendly ventures. Employees are provided with healthcare policies that foster civic engagement.
As times change, Entrepreneurship in the 21st Century has changed as people become more aware of their surroundings. Flaws, if any, in existing systems become apparent to them, and they fix them accordingly. Entrepreneurship as a whole is a similar thing. Entrepreneurship in the 21st Century is all about empowering people. It’s about reviving civic pride and pursuing meaningful work, be it the employee or the employer.
What's Your Reaction?
I am Rakshit Aswal, a recent graduate of English Hons. from University of Delhi. I like to play videogames and read books while on my pursuit to experience amazing stories.