Before Golf facts–what is Golf?
‘Golf doesn’t just add years to your life; it can also add life to your years.’ – Golf and Health Project.
Golf is a club-and-ball sport in which players use various clubs to hit balls into a series of holes on a course in as few strokes as possible. But did you know, Golf was one of the only spots which were played on the moon? Yes, it is true! Alan Bartlett Shepard Jr adopted six-iron Golf sticks to play Golf on the moon.
And below are some more Golf facts to baffle you:
1. Golf is the most famous sport in Ireland, Canada, the UK, and the US.
2. During the year 1457, modern-day Golf was invented in Scotland.
3. Did you know, Golf was banned three times for years? Because the Scottish government assumed that it interfered with military training.
4. Before Golf tees, players shape mounds of sand and put the Golf ball on top.
5. The term “birdie” was invented accidentally by Ab Smith. In 1889, he hit a “bird of a shot”.
6. In the year 1811, the first time women’s played Golf in Musselburgh, Scotland.
7. Tiger Woods, a famous Golf player, made his first hole-in-one when he was only eight!
9. According to a study, 80 percent of Golfers will never have a handicap under 18.
10. The early Scots invented absurd Golfing outfits that feature very long plaid argyle socks.
11. The Royal Calcutta Golf Club is the oldest one in London, established in 1766.
Other than that, playing Golf is good for your health too. Among concluding Golf facts: Research shows that Golf spectators grasp more than 7,500 to 10,000 steps watching a game that promotes a healthy lifestyle!
What's Your Reaction?
Pranjal is highly jovial by heart, full of bright ideas and leading a colorful life person. She is currently pursuing her graduation from lakshmibai college, University of Delhi and a keen learner who have a constant desire to learn more and more.