Butter Brickle Ice Cream is that one flavour that has lost its popularity in the world of Ice Creams in recent years.
The flavour that will lead your parents to a trip down memory lane, know about Butter Brickle Ice Cream:
1. A true golden oldie, Butter Brickle, was a candy before it was a flavour of ice cream. The Fenn Bros. Ice Cream and Candy Company in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is credited as the inventor of Butter Brickle candy and ice cream flavour in 1918.
2. However, it was not until 1920 that the general public got the opportunity to taste the ice cream. It debuted to the public at Omaha’s Blackstone Hotel.
3. Fenn Bros. continued manufacturing Butter Brickle until the 1970s, after which the company was liquidated. In 1996, Hershey’s acquired the trademark and the formula.
4. Made of golden-brown pieces of toffee that are small and crunchy, Butter Brickle is sweet, buttery and pleasant-tasting.
5. Today, Butter Brickle flavour is not limited to just candy and ice cream. One can buy cakes, cookies, frosting, pies, health bars and many other treats in the Butter Brickle flavour.
6. In the 1950s and 60s, Butter Brickle flavour and candy were so profitable for Fenn Bros. that they hired more than 200 employees. They were one of the largest employer areas.
8. However, this isn’t a cause for worry. Thanks to the internet, there are numerous recipes to make this flavour at home. The main ingredients are butter and toffees, stuff that is easy to source.
9. Owing to its rich history, Butter Brickle flavour can be enjoyed with several subtle twists. From Maple flavoured Butter Brickle to Walnut Butter Brickle, the list goes on and on.
Are you someone who has enjoyed this flavour in their childhood or a newbie who heard about it just now? Have no fear! Because this is only a temporary setback on Butter Brickle’s journey to be one of the most loved flavours in the world. Once people of our generation realise what a gem this classical flavour is, Butter Brickle will again reign supreme.
What's Your Reaction?
I am Rakshit Aswal, a recent graduate of English Hons. from University of Delhi. I like to play videogames and read books while on my pursuit to experience amazing stories.