The question is of the difference between the State Governor and Legislative Members or representatives of the legislature.
One can easily spot and grasp the difference between a Governor and the Legislative members by observing their respective departments, powers and duties.
Governor And Legislative Members: Difference In Term
- Governor: The word has not been specified in itself, but the general significance is that a governor is a person who rules officially. He is a Nominal Provincial Head.
- Legislative Members: Similar to the Governor, there is no clear concept. But, a person who is a Legislative Member of an Electoral District could be regarded as a member of lawmaking advent in the political entity (Legislature).
Governor And Legislative Members: Difference In Roles
- Governor: As the President is the Head of the Country, so is the Governor.
- Both executive acts shall be done in the honour of the Governor. But in fact, it might not be the same as on paper since he is the one who only gives his approval to different state executive acts.
- The Governor has no authority over big decisions. The Chief Minister and the Council of Ministers are responsible for the executive affairs of the State.
- Legislative Members: Government System of India is an executive 3-tier federal arrangement.
- The Central Government is the highest executive body in India in agreement with India’s Constitution. It reflects its variety of powers to the political components found in each State by State Governments (the second phase of the Federal Structure).
- The states have full executive powers that each state-governing government directs—the third level of the federal system is composed of Panchayats and the Municipality Local Governments.
Governor And Legislative Members: Difference In Powers
- Governor: The Governor of the State, like the President of India, has some Administrative, Legislative and Judicial powers. It also has any control of discretion or emergency. However, unlike the President, the Governor does not have diplomatic or military authority.
Legislative Members: The Legislative Assembly Members of each State possess some executive powers. A Member of the National Assembly has one of the most significant roles of legislation. The speaker is chosen by the MLAs and the Vice-President of the Legislative Assembly.
Now, as you are aware of the differences between Governor and Legislative Members, based on all (term, roles and powers)–flaunt it!
“Dekh behen, hamara kaam tha batana. Ab tumhe iss information ka kya karna hai, vo tum hi jaano. Tum hi yahi ho, hum bhi yahi hai.”
What's Your Reaction?
Hi I am an aspiring lawyer, who loves to write about social issues and topics that personally interest me.