Greetings! Cinephiles. In this blog find another Cinematic journey of a promising actress, Gracy Singh. Gracy is recognized by the name of Chinki. But, the girl has changed a lot.
1. Born on July 20th, 1980, in a Sikh Family, Gracy studied to become an Engineer. Deep down in her heart, she knew that she is more interested in Modelling and Classical Dancing.
2. So, Gracy started her Dancing Journey voyaging with a Dance Group called The Planets and has done lots of stage shows.
Dancing helped Gracy to make a way in Acting.
3. After that, Gracy started looking for the opportunity to act professionally, and after some hard searching, Gracy debuted in a daily soap, Amanat (1997).
4. Along with Amanat, Gracy looked for opportunities in the Film Industry. He got the chance to play small roles in Hu Tu Tu and Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain.
5. After playing some side roles, Gracy, the first time, was seen in a prominent role in Lagaan of Ashutosh Gowariker.
- Lagaan earned her the nomination for Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut and won
- International Indian Film Academy Award for Star Debut Of The Year (Female).
- Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer (Female).
- Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut.
7. According to some reports, Ashutosh Gowarikar was looking for an actress with Classical Dancing skills. Gracy was chosen among the hundreds of candidates.
8. After Lagaan, the Bollywood journey of Gracy achieved pace. She starred in Big Bollywood Movies such as Gangaajal, Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. and Choodiyan.
Despite starring in so many movies, Gracy failed to leave a mark with her performance. Due to this, a low phase of her life began.
9. In 2008, Gracy starred in some low budget films such as Deshdrohi, Dekh Bhai Dekh, and Aseema.
10. Gracy also starred in several regional language flicks such as Tappu Chesi Pappu Kudu, Meghave Meghave, Aappan Pher Milange, Baba Ramsaa Peer, and so on.
11. In 2009, Gracy Inaugurated her Dance Academy for coaching Dance and concurrently acting on Television.
12. In 2015, after appearing in so many regional movies, Gracy shifted her focus to Television and starred in Santoshi Maa, portraying Goddess Santoshi.
Apart from her Cinema Life, Gracy is also quite attentive in the world of spirituality and social work.
13. Along with her acting career, Gracy is also committed to her religious crusade. She is a member of Brahma Kumari. Gracy describes Brahma Kumari Institute as a world of Angels.
“Brahma Kumaris is the voice of peace, truth, compassion, equality, and universal brotherhood.” – Gracy Singh.
14. Gracy, in her Instagram Bio, mentions that she is also a Social Worker.
Gracy Singh feels fortunate that she has been trained by some of the best people in her life, both professionally and personally.
What's Your Reaction?
Love to watch films, love to write about films and most importantly love to think about films. A cinephile chatterbox with a Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication.