Green Tea is a 5,000-years-old gem which got its hype in the 21st-century. Thus, the “struggle is real”.
And in this blog, we will be talking about the journey of this amazing Tea with you!
1. Green-Tea was born and brought up in China’s Yunnan province, known as the land of Camellia Sinensis, the only main ingredient of all teas.
2. Like most discoveries, this was also accidental in nature when suddenly in 2737 BC leaves from a tea tree fell into the cup of the inventor of Chinese Medicine, Shennong Yan Emperor.
3. The Buddhist realized the healing and calming abilities of green-tea, carrying them to India via the Silk Route, where they harvested, produced and used it.
4. Been in trend because of its weight-loss qualities (which, by the way, are not true!), this bitter beverage has a lot of health benefits to offer.
5. Firstly, good news for all the Green Tea lovers! You are at low risk of cancer as polyphenols present in the tea fights it head-on.
6. Researchers have also found a correlation between the intake of this tea and a lower risk of heart diseases and strokes.
7. This Tea has also proven to be a boon to people with skin problems like acne and ageing because of its various antioxidant properties.
8. A safe source of energy as it has less amount of caffeine in comparison to other teas, this beverage has a love-hate relationship with a lot of people.
10. The preferred time to drink this type of Tea is 2-hours after or before a meal according to one’s preference.
11. Nonetheless, a high dosage of green tea is not advisable.
Indeed, what more do we need but a sip of green tea while singing: “Ek green tea ki pyali ho, aur sehat ka dhyan rakhne wali ho!”
So, when are you picking up the habit of drinking Green-Tea?
What's Your Reaction?
A creative soul with a zeal to know the why & how behind everything and anything, I am Bhavyaa Aggarwal a foodie by heart & an optimistic by will.