Here’s all that you need to know about HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training), a challenging workout for cardio lovers!
- HIIT is the best workout for enhancing strength, health and performance.
2. It was introduced by Kirsten Burgomaster with a group of scientists in 2005.
3. As the name itself indicates, High-intensity interval training is a form of “interval training” where cardiovascular exercises are performed alternatively with anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods.
4. HIIT includes cardio and strength training that combine to make a well-rounded high-intensity interval training workout also performed by certified personal trainers.
5. You can complete this workout in hardly 20-minutes, which is half to an average workout.
6. It also burns calories, boosts metabolism, helps in losing weight, gain strength and build muscle.
7. HIIT training include Sprints, Olympic Weightlifting/Powerlifting, Bodyweight Exercises, Sledge Push or Pulls and many more.
8. HIIT is a fun exercise that can be done at home also, but overtraining and over extended periods of exercise can lead to injuries.
9. There are a lot of books that you can read on HIIT. Some of them are as follows:
- The 20-minute Dream Body by John Powers
- HIIT Your Limit by Len Kravitz
- High-Intensity Interval Training: Burn Fat Faster with 60-Plus High-Impact Exercises by Sean Bartram
HIIT is a great way to keep your body fit always by putting in only 20-minutes each day from your schedule to it! So, are you ready for taking up the challenge?
Blog Edited By admin
What's Your Reaction?
An Optimistic, ambivert and a self-esteem man trying to find a better and wealthier life. By the way I love to workout