History of fashion from 1920 to 1929 is all about new trends and comfort, especially for women. It was the first decade in the history of fashion when the world saw the breaking of formal dressing practices!
1. History Of Fashion From 1920 To 1929 witnessed much simpler shapes. It was free of excessive amounts of materials and skirt lengths. The clothing was more suited to a time of leisure and comfort.
2. Daytime dresses were light, loose and baggy, giving women a straight-lined shape or what can be termed as “Boyish Fashion”.
3. Fringes (Flapper Dresses) was one of the main elements of their fashion.
4. Sportswear was introduced, such as knickers, blazers and knitted swimwear.
5. The 20s fashion is recognised with shorter hair. The hairstyle followed during those years was curled like Clara Bow or Straight Bob with bangs.
7. Accessories like Cloche and Bell-Shaped Hats, Shawls and Scarves, Sequined Headbands were cherished by consumers for keeping themselves in vogue at the time.
The decade of the 1920s is said to be the “Roaring Twenties” in the western nations. It is also seen as the “Jazz Age” and even “Golden Age” as world war 1 came to an end and the economy began to settle down. The history of fashion from 1920 to 1929 continued to be dominated by the comfy dressing codes until the 1930s.
What's Your Reaction?
Myself Rohan Sharma. I love being creative and experiencing new opportunities. I enjoy every opportunity i get and i rather look forward to working smarter than working harder. Moreover , thats how i enjoy my work.