Now is time to get out of the “aao kabhi haveli” meme and visit real iconic places in Dadra and Nagar Haveli for your wanderlust. You need to explore these underrated union territories adorned with the most beautiful and peaceful iconic places. “Musafir hu yaaron, na ghar hai thikhana.” So, find a home to your soul in these Iconic places in Dadra and Nagar Haveli. Let us just go through down these locations:
1. Swaminarayan Temple
● One of the beautiful and iconic places in Dadra and Nagar Haveli is located at Silvassa temple complemented by the soothing and peaceful bank of river Daman Ganga built up in modern times.
● This temple is built up in awe of inspiration by Yogiji Maharaj, the fourth successor of Lord Swaminarayan. It follows the BAPS philosophy that preaches that the soul goes to Akshardham after they get Moksha.
● The temple has an underground chamber that shows the history of the temple in the form of pictures.
2. Silvassa Tribal Museum
● One of the iconic educational places in Dadar and Nagar Haveli is a tribal cultural museum that showcases the lifestyle of various tribal communities.
● It has an enormous collection of ornaments, agricultural articles, musical instruments, hunting gadgets and household items.
● So if you are a history enthusiast jisko hai chull to know about the indigenous people and culture, this is the best place for you!
3. Church of our lady of Piety
● The most peaceful iconic places in Dadra and Nagar Haveli to visit are surrounded by a lush green area that will satisfy your eyes. It is just opposite to the tribal museum, matlab ki ek teer do nishane.
● Built-in 1886-1889, it is one of the oldest Portuguese Churches. When the Portuguese decided to change their capital from Dadar to Silvassathey built this church.
● The church is inspired by European gothic architecture and has an elegant grey exterior. So it has both religious and historical significance.
4. Nakshatra Garden
● Are you someone who justifies your behaviour with your astrological sign? Then this is the best place for you to visit Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
● An Astro themed and has a large variety of trees and plants linked to the different zodiac signs. As the name suggests, Nakshatra Garden also shows the movement of planets according to the Indian system of astrology. Yahan sab mangal, shani ghoom rahe hai.
● Also, it is famous for its large varieties of medicinal and ayurvedic herbs. So you can visit this garden and learn about plants and astrology.
5. Vasona Lion Safari
● One of the adventurous iconic places in Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Vasona is known as the home of Asiatic Lion and Lioness.
● It covers 25 acres of land and is surrounded by a 3 metres high wall. This is the best opportunity to get close to the King of the jungle. Otherwise, book mein hi dekhte reh jaoge.
● So better be ready to be filled with a thrilling experience, as you can wander in a van covered with a net mesh screen so you would not become a threat to these lions.
6. Dudhni Lake
● Yeh sham mastani, madhosh kiye jaye…Yes! This is the fittest line to describe the ambience of Dudhni Lake, one of the iconic places in Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
● It is located on the Damanganga, a popular place for water adventures. Also, you can go boating in Shikara in the sweetwater of Dudhni Lake.
● It is also famous for its romantic evenings, so you can have precious moments of love and peace here.
7. Bindrabin Temple
● Shiva bhakt? Then you should visit this iconic temple in Dadra and Nagar Haveli, also known as the Tadkeshwar Temple.
● It is located on the bank of the Sakartod river devoted to Lord Shiva.
● The architecture and carvings on the wall will make you stunned with its elegant structure. “Toh mann mera mandir, shiv meri pooja,” along with ghumi-ghumi, you can come closer to god.
This is the best combination of different places along with different experiences, from being religious to romantic. You can enjoy every spectrum in Dadar and Nagar Haveli.
What's Your Reaction?
A writer who is exploring new spectrum of creativity, love to live in an alternative world.