Information Technology ‘can provide the edge a company needs to outsmart, outpace, and out-deliver competitors,’ says Edward Kiledjian, a Chief Information Security Officer and technology blogger.
Every institute/organization/company today relies on computers & networks (even if partially). None of these can function smoothly without Information Technology (IT) or its sectors.
To know more about what IT exactly is, dig in the points below.
1. Information Technology is about computer applications to retrieve, transmit, store, and manipulate data and solve business or organizational problems on a wide scale.
2. In an article published by Harvard Business Review (1958), “Information Technology” was defined in its modern sense for the first time. It said: ‘The new technology does not yet have a single established name. We shall call it Information Technology (IT).’
3. IT consists of three categories: the simulation of higher-order thinking through computer programs, statistical and mathematical rules for decision-making, and methods for processing.
4. An Information Technology System (IT System) is usually an information system, a communications system, or (especially) a computer system.
5. IT Systems include all hardware, software, and external equipment performed by a confined IT users group.
6. IT includes many things like data management, the internet, and transfer of data, etc. For instance, every company has an IT department that works by keeping systems and data secure.
7. “IT People” are the ones who insert data, do programming, and manage databases.
8. There are also such as Chief Information Officers (CIOs), who are the decision-makers. They decide how an IT department will work and what parts will be purchased.
9. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Jobs in Computer and IT sectors can boost by 13% within a decade (from 2016 to 2026)! It’s quicker than the average for all occupations
Okay, we know it sounded like too much knowledge. So, here’s a knock-knock joke for you.
IT Guy: “Java”
What's Your Reaction?
Pranjal is highly jovial by heart, full of bright ideas and leading a colorful life person. She is currently pursuing her graduation from lakshmibai college, University of Delhi and a keen learner who have a constant desire to learn more and more.