Watching Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro 15 years ago, one might be chuckling at bizarre, slapstick scenes while ignoring all the dark and misadventure. Revisiting Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro makes us feel how stupid and innocent we were as a child. Weighed down under childhood, not knowing the shock the movie tries to propel.
Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro was created by the National Film Development Corporation of India on pitiful finance of 8-9 lakhs, with the non-stars like Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri, Satish Shah, Neena Gupta and Satish Kaushik. Furthermore, when the movie was released on the big screen, it shelled like anything. As years passed, the sarcastic representation of the widespread corruption in Indian political events, administration, news media and business, began acquiring fame.
Story Of Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro
- It is the story of proficient photographers Sudhir Mishra and Vinod Chopra. They open a studio in the renowned Haji Ali Region and desire to earn sufficient cash to keep it running.
- After an awful beginning, they were given some work by the supervisor of Khabardar. It is a distribution that uncovers the shocking existences of the rich and the celebrated.
- They acknowledge it and begin working with the supervisor herself, Shobha Singh. They additionally choose to enter their name in a challenge to win Rs 5000/- and take various photos everywhere in the city.
- In one of the photos, they see a man with a firearm. After amplifying it, they discover that the killer is the builder himself, Tarneja. This is when the laughter riot commences.
The Characters In Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro
- Having worked in a wide variety of Indian and International film, Naseeruddin Shah and Om Puri have remained acting legends.
- Satish Kaushik (who additionally co-composed the dialogues with Ranjit Kapoor) has transformed into a commercial producer.
- Neena Gupta wore the role of director’s mantle for the little screen presence she had. After a bit of work in the department of direction and filmmaking, Pankaj Kapur was viewed as perhaps the most vigorous entertainer of this time.
- Satish Shah keeps on being quite possibly the simplest yet one of the best comics.
About The Director Of Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro
- Kundan Shah, who passed on due to cardiac arrest in Mumbai, made 10 movies in 30-years.
- In any case, his life and work were defined by one film, the best he ever made, Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro. It has been seen as one of the greatest movies of 1983 and also, of all times! It has been recognised as the best comedy film ever made!
- Kundan Shah has always been a flag bearer of issues of censorship and certification. Shah had said that iconic scenes of Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron couldn’t have appeared on the screen even today.
- He also felt that his film would not have been passed by the CBFC even in the present climate.
Did You Know?
- Satish Kaushik was paid Rs 5000 for the whole film! In fact, a small part of this pay was also for the writing of the dialogues.
- It took 10 days to write the whole Mahabharata scene.
- Bhakti Barve’s character is based on Shobha De.
- Anupam Kher’s voice was also used in the movie for the “construction” scene.
What's Your Reaction?
I am a creative head and films are my passion. From FIRST ACT TO THIRD ACT, all of my life is a screenplay.