Keerthi Reddy is an Indian actress best known for her roles in Tholi Prema (1998), Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat (2001) and Arjun (2004).
1. Keerthi Reddy was born on 17 November 1978 to a designer mother and father. She was and raised in Bengaluru and completed her schooling from Joseph Public School. She graduated from Ryerson University.
2. The grandfather of Keerthi Reddy was the Ex-Member of Parliament from Nizamabad in Telangana, namely, Keshpally Ganga Reddy.
3. Keerthi Reddy debuted in Film World with Telugu film, Gunshot (1996), but shot to fame by Tholi Prema (1998).
Tholi Prema was one of the biggest films of her career.
4. Keerthi took her step into Bollywood with A. Muthu’s Tera Jadoo Chal Gayaa alongside Abhishek Bachchan. The actress played Mr Bachchan’s love interest in the film.
5. Later on, Keerthi Reddy also starred in Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat where she worked alongside Suniel Shetty, Arjun Rampal and Aftab Shivdasani.
6. The actress was also seen in Badhaai Ho Badhaai opposite Anil Kapoor in 2002.
7. Keerthi moved away from Bollywood but continued working in other regional languages Cinema. She then appeared in Super Star (2002), her only Kannada film.
8. Keerthi then bagged the role in Telugu film, Arjun (2004) alongside Mahesh Babu, which earned her, her only Award.
Filmfare Best Supporting Actress Award in Telugu.
9. Apart from her Bollywood Journey, Keerthi is also a trained classical dancer. She has given eight years of her life to Bharatnatyam.
10. Keerthi then disappeared from the Cinema World and walk down the aisle with actor Sumanth in 2004. However, their marriage didn’t work out and the two separated in 2006.
Sumanth is the nephew of Nagarjuna Akkineni and the grandson of Akkineni Nageswara Rao.
11. Keerti, in 2008, decided to give love a second chance and married to a doctor and settled in the USA. The couple was given a baby boy.
12. Sumanth, in an interview in 2016, stated that he and Keerthi are still good friends and talk to each other.
Keerthi was noticed and recognized, but her struggle to gain star status remains.
What's Your Reaction?
Love to watch films, love to write about films and most importantly love to think about films. A cinephile chatterbox with a Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication.