For the ones who thought that the largest family in India is Ramkishan Ji’s Family in Hum Saath Saath Hain— here is a surprise for all of you. The largest family of India is much bigger than that! In fact, it’s big enough to occupy an entire cinema hall in case they go for a movie together!
Read on to have an insight about the largest family in India:
1. The largest family in India (also the world) lives in Baktawng Tlangnuam village, Serchhip town, central Mizoram.
2. The Ziona Family of Mizoram has 181 members. The head of the family, Ziona Chana, has 39 wives, 94 kids, 14 daughters-in-law, and 33 grandchildren!
3. Much larger, this family size family lives in a 4 storeyed house with 100 rooms.
4. On asking about the food consumption, Ziona revealed that every day his entire family consumes the amount of food consumed by an average household in 2 months!
5. The Ziona family consumes 100kg rice, 25kg pulses, 60kg vegetables, 30-40 chickens, and dozens of eggs every day. Apart from this, the family eats nearly 20kg of fruits every day.
6. For those who were thinking of joining as an HR Manager in the Ziona family–the eldest wife of Ziona Chana divides everyday work among all the ladies. She also manages them.
7. The kitchen is run by the wives of Ziona to take care of the cooking. The daughters look after the cleaning of the house and washing laundry.
8. The members of the Ziona family revealed that they often have a hard time remembering each other’s birthdays and names.
9. To educate the children of his family, Ziona has established a school by himself. His younger brother manages it. The school teaches in compliance with the Government prescribed curriculum. But, Ziona has introduced some subjects which emphasize his Chana Sect.
10. The Ziona Family earns its livelihood by doing agricultural work and making furniture, which are the primary sources of income for the family.
11. All children and grandchildren of Ziona are named by him, and he clearly remembers each & every family member’s name.
12. Interestingly, all the family members cast their votes for the same candidate. This is why political parties always seek Ziona’s support whenever there are elections in the region.
An extensive session of overthinking can, in fact, lead us to the conclusion that Ziona’s family became the reason why a legend once said, “Isko ghar kyu bolte ho? Jila ghoshit kyu nahi kar dete?”
What's Your Reaction?
Every coin has two sides, and I am interested in both when it comes to cinema. Having a constant affair with memes and curious about a lot of things ranging from the age-old folk tales to the browsing history of the class toppers. If Tsundoku is an art, I am one of the artists.