Once a Popular Star, but now no one knows where she is, in this blog, we will be exploring the life of Mamta Kulkarni. She is one of the most fashionable, promising and hot actresses of the ’90s era in Bollywood.
1. Mamta started her career in the entertainment field as a Model. But, on her Mother’s insistence, she stepped inside Bollywood.
2. Mamta commenced her Bollywood journey with a small role in Tirangaa (1992) but was noticed by the audience for Aashiq Awara (1993).
Mamta earned a Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year for Aashiq Awara.
3. Mamta later appeared in numerous popular films such as Waqt Hamara Hai (1993), Krantiveer (1994), Karan Arjun (1995), Sabse Bada Khiladi (1995), and Baazi (1995).
4. Mamta, as had done a topless scene so early in her career in Karan Arjun, was mostly cast for bold and sensual scenes.
Mamta mostly portrayed the leading actor’s love interest in most of her films.
5. Mamta is also portrayed in a song Pyaar Mujhe Karo which still holds power to make you stare for the whole time.
In 1992, almost at the starting point of her career, Mamta Kulkarni took a step that many actresses didn’t have the guts to take.
6. After Juhi Chawla and Madhuri Dixit’s rejection, Mamta took on the challenge to appear on the Stardust magazine’s cover, but Topless.
The photoshoot attracted a lot of controversies and made Mamta appear on every director’s wishlist.
7. Mamta, despite getting fame so early in her career, also rejected some of the biggest offers, such as Sapoot, Angaaray, Mr and Mrs Khiladi, Bandhan, Dulhe Raja, Aunty No.1, and Hogi Pyar Ki Jeet.
That’s why Mamta was also considered a Bollywood’s queen of rejection.
8. In 2002, Mamta last appeared in Kabhie Tum Kabhie Hum and then disappeared. Nobody thought that Mamta would disappear like that.
But, apart from her Bollywood career, Mamta was quite famous for her controversies in the darker-world as well.
9. Mamta Kulkarni is assumed to marry drug mafia, Vikram Goswami. He got arrested in Dubai on the charge of drug trafficking.
Mamta Kulkarni thus added herself to a list of the stars who destroyed their own careers.
What's Your Reaction?
Love to watch films, love to write about films and most importantly love to think about films. A cinephile chatterbox with a Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication.