A Gujarati Origin Actor, Manoj Joshi was born in 1965. Mostly seen doing supporting roles and known for leaving an impact through his appearance, today we have facts about the treasured personality of Indian Cinema.
1. After graduating from J.J. School of Arts. Joshi began his acting training in Marathi Theatre. Later on, worked on his skills in Gujarati and Hindi Theatres as well.
2. He started his acting career from Television, with serials like Chanakya, Sangdil, Ek Mahal Ho Sapno Ka, and the beloved Khichdi.
3. Joshi took his first step in Bollywood through Sarfarosh, portraying a sub-inspector Bajju. Then, he got featured in many evergreen comedy films like Hungama, Hulchul, Phir Hera Pheri, Bhool Bhulayia, Chup Chup Ke, etc. This earned him a reputation as a distinguished comic actor.
4. Manoj Joshi’s brother Rajesh Joshi was also an actor, but unfortunately, he died in 1998.
5. He has been a part of more than 65 films since 1998.
- Manoj Joshi has been awarded so many prestigious awards, including:-
- Padma Shri Award on 69th Republic Day, Jan 26th, 2018.
- ITA Awards for Best Actor in Supporting Role, for his unforgettable role as Chanakya, in the serial, Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat.
- National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor.
7. Manoj Joshi will soon be seen next in, Waah! Zindagi and De Ijaazat Rahun Tujhme, releasing on December 2020 and December 2021, respectively.
Do you know, Manoj Joshi has recently played again in the Hindi Daily Soap, Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, as Advocate Shaktimaan Jhaveri?
Yes, even we were surprised!
What's Your Reaction?
Love to watch films, love to write about films and most importantly love to think about films. A cinephile chatterbox with a Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication.