Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is an amalgamation of two very different but palatable flavours served in one bowl. So let’s dig in to know more about this luscious innovation.
1. Who could have thought of an Ice Cream flavour composed of mint ice cream with tiny chocolate chips? Well, it’s a flavour, in fact, a very liked flavour by Ice Cream loving freaks.
2. Typically spearmint or peppermint flavouring is used in the making of all Mint based Ice Cream. But in some exceptional cases, liqueur crème de menthe is equipped to provide for the mint flavour.
3. The history of the Mint Ice Cream goes back to 1973 in the wedding of Princess Anne to Captain Mark Phillips at Westminster Abbey. At the wedding, there was a challenge to create a mouth-watering ice cream dessert
4. Among all the participants, Marilyn Ricketts won the silver cup for creating the flavour called MINT ROYALE. Later the chocolate chips were added to it inspired by Girl Scout thin mint cookies, giving ice cream its name, mint chocolate chip.
5. Statistics of INTERNATIONAL DAIRY FOODS ASSOCIATION (IDFA) suggests that in 2000, 3% of all ice cream sold was the mint chocolate chip. Being 10th on the list of the most popular flavour of Ice Cream.
6. Lately, in July 2017, Mint Chocolate Chip was named as the 4th most popular ice cream flavour of America by IDFA.
7. This Ice-Cream got so popular that it inspired its use in other foods and products like meringues, cookies, air fresheners, cosmetics, and even personal lubricants.
8. There is also a hard candy named Mint Chocolate Chip made by the ice cream manufacturer Baskin Robbins. It tastes similar to ice cream of the same name, which is also made by Baskin Robbins.
9. It is enjoyed by “ICE CREAM ENTHUSIASTS” for its sharp, minty aftertaste. Who doesn’t like crunchy choco chips?
A crazy boost of chilly & snowy flavour in India’s sunny, hot day–a bowl full of MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM!
What's Your Reaction?
A confused writer in this not so confused world with an inundation of ideas and stories