Now Reading
Snake Bite? Here Are Things to remember “when ‘you’ are bit with-” real snake!

Snake Bite? Here Are Things to remember “when ‘you’ are bit with-” real snake!


Reptiles, especially snakes, are the highly misunderstood and disliked creatures since times immemorial and reason for this is their slimy texture and creeping motion.

Often pointless superstitions and sheer ignorance around snakes can become the serious reason behind the scare and unnecessary killing of these hissing pets.

If you are uninformed about 2 different types of snakesthen keep scrolling as “It’s okay to be ‘brighter’ than others when the snakes are around for real!

  1. There are two types of snakes– poisonous and non-poisonous.

2. The majority of these reptiles are harmless because they are non-poisonous.

Thus, snake venom is not the central reason behind the deaths of beings around them.

3. In a way, the creation of venom in snakes is quite similar to our salivary glands. Then how, when, and from where do poison come? Snakes have a special gland, namely, the poison gland, which releases poison in the poison duct, which opens into the fangs of snakes.

4. Now you might ask, “What’s fangs? Do I have them too?” Fangs are slight modifications in the two upper (maxillary) teeth of a snake. These are conical, pointed structures that reform themselves when lost.

5. Most of the snakes possess fangs, but the poison/venom gland is a characteristic feature of the poisonous snakes only!

6. These venomous snakes have 3 major categories– the Viper, Krait and Indian Monocled Cobra.

7.  The two dots which appear on an individual’s skin after a snake bite are two puncture wounds from the fangs.

8. In the bulk of the cases, an individual dies after a snake bite because of a panic or heart attack as they get scared of the poison getting into their body and the effects it may have.

This leads to confusion about whether the snake is poisonous or non-poisonous.

See Also

9. Now think, what if a hammer-nail enters your skin?

Even if a person is bitten by a non-poisonous snake, he/she might suffer from pain, and that area might get red because of the extremely pointed fangs.

So, now as you know “when they get bit with the” snakebite, are you ready to combat any “venom” head-on?

And, if the snake is non-poisonous, then you know, you are safe, and let that innocent creature leave & live too!

Blog Edited By Ritika Gupta

For more Animals related blogs click here.

What's Your Reaction?
In Love
Not Sure
View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll To Top