Born to a Kashmiri-Maharashtrian mother and a Punjabi father in Delhi, Tahir Raj Bhasin was born on 21 April 1987. Know more about him in this blog.
1. Tahir Raj Bhasin belongs to a family having a background in the Indian Army. As his father was in the Army, Tahir had to complete his schooling travelling to different states.
2. Tahir studied political science from the Hindu College, DU, and completed his Post Graduation from the University of Melbourne with a Masters in Media.
3. In 2014, Tahir debuted as the lead with Mardaani. He portrayed the role of human trafficking kingpin. The role earned him the Filmfare nomination for Best Supporting Actor. But, to get there, he had to do a lotta’ work.
4. Tahir Raj Bhasin, from his school days, was active in Theatre. He participated in several extracurricular activities such as Theatre, Dance and Sports.
5. Tahir got interested in Cinema after doing a workshop with Aamir Raza Hussain. He also participated in IIT Bombay’s Mood Indigo Festival, after which, he decided to become an actor. Tahir started his Acting Training at the age of 13. By the age of 15, he joined Barry John.
6. Tahir got admission in the Institute of Advanced Acting and Behavioural Studies to improvise his body language and behavioural analytics.
Not only that,
7. Tahir Raj Bhasin participated in the summer intensive acting and voice training program in 2013. It was managed by Naseeruddin Shah.
8. Tahir also hosted a campus-talk-show for a national news production company when he was 18.
Phew, so much to tell about this guy.
9. When Tahir got 23, he moved to Mumbai to pursue acting and modelling. Nonetheless, like all other actors, he had to struggle.
10. In Mumbai, Tahir had to hear, “NOT FIT”, several times, but soon he realized that he had to learn how to turn Rejection into Feedback.
11. Let us tell you an incident that broke Tahir’s heart into pieces:
After getting a role in the next big movie, Tahir took the train to Delhi to celebrate with his friends. During the celebration, he received a call: “Sorry. We liked your audition, but the director had to make a last-minute change.” The incident broke Tahir, but also made him stronger.
12. Tahir professionally started to act in 2012. He performed in four short films for FTII and also appeared in several TV Commercials.
13. During that time, Tahir bagged two cameos in Kismat Love Paisa Dilli (2012) and Kai Po Che (2013), which successfully started his career.
And, then Mardaani happened.
Some years back, once Tahir attended Filmfare Award Function from 25th row. So, it took Tahir three years to get to the VIP Row.
14. Later on, Tahir starred in several Bollywood films such as Force 2 (2016), Manto (2018), Chhichhore (2019), etc.
15. Tahir is currently shooting for 83. He will be seen portraying the role of the legendary test cricketer, Sunil Gavaskar.
Do you know, for Chhichhore, Tahir had to get four-months of hard training to be perfect as Derek!
What's Your Reaction?
Love to watch films, love to write about films and most importantly love to think about films. A cinephile chatterbox with a Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication.