Vishwanath Jyotirlinga is Located in the crowded lanes of the holy city, Varanasi, settled near the banks of Ganga. Today, we will read about a Jyotirlinga, which is placed in this sacred city.
1. The temple of Vishwanath Jyotirlinga has been destroyed and rebuilt many times. Moreover, it has also been a centre of stealth for many empires, as it stored a lot of wealth.
2. According to the Puranas, one day Brahma (God of creation) and Vishnu (God of harmony) argued regarding is more superior.
3. After some time, they went in front of Lord Shiva, asking Him about various things and also the solution for their confusion.
4. Shiva made an endless Linga of brightness and asked Brahma to find the end of it and Vishnu, the beginning of it.
5. Brahma and Vishnu agreed on this and started their work. While Brahma went upwards to find the end, Vishnu went downwards to find its start.
6. After years, Vishnu came back and surrendered in front of Lord Shiva, but Brahma came back, lying that he had successfully found the end.
8. On the request of Vishnu, Lord Shiva situated there in the form of the Linga, to save the people forever.
9. The meaning of the Vishwanath is the God of the Universe.
Thus, that’s how Vishnu was said to be as the God of the Universe.